ICYMI: Jerk Who Punched Elderly Man Over Costco Nutella Waffle Sample To Serve Jail Time
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- So there were four samples of Nutella waffles at a Burbank Costco. Derrick Gharabighi took all of them. And when an elderly man complained, he punched the man in response. Gharabighi is now looking at jail time. Equilibrium has been restored in the world.
- Twins pitcher Pat Light meant to throw an intentional walk. Instead, he threw one of the worst pitches we've ever seen in recent memory.
- Mike Pence has a novel idea about how to make institutional racism go away: Let's just stop talking about it.
- Author Richard Ford reviews Bruce Springsteen's new memoir. He really likes it, and says that "Springsteen can write." Glory days indeed.
- Remember when the FXX channel decided to play every 'Simpsons' episode ever during a 12-day marathon? Well, they're doing it again, because why not. And this one's going to take up 13 days!
- Disneyland brought back its annual pass, two years after it'd been discontinued. Of course, as with all things Disney, it's gotten more expensive.
- Beck is releasing his entire discography on vinyl.
- Goodbye Vinny! We're going to miss you. Here's a video of Scully "translating" a gentlemanly talk between Rockies' then-manager Jim Tracy and the umpire. "He caught the bleepin' ball. He caught the darn ball."