ICYMI: Pasadena's City Hall Workers Are Super Over Your Wedding Photo Shoots
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The Broad Museum will be celebrating its first birthday tomorrow and they've lined up a slate of festivities to celebrate.
- Our friends at Eater LA have all the deets on the wining and dining coming to the revamped Hotel Figueroa.
- Last night's Emmys brought in all-time low ratings, despite being the funniest awards show in recent memory (no justice in this world).
- Sterling K. Brown tried to Facebook friend request Christopher Darden (the prosecutor he played on The People v. O.J. Simpson), but it "didn't work out." [Insert Marcia Clark/Sarah Paulson BFF joke here]
- The City of Pasadena and their lovely City Hall are very tired of all the wedding photoshoots getting in the way of official business.
- A 1985 video of the late Wanda Coleman, long L.A.'s unofficial poet laureate, reading "I Live for my Car"—a truly Los Angeles poem if there ever was one: