ICYMI: Jonathan Gold's Ode To The 'Jazz Burger'
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The history of "L.A.’s lost Oz," an avant-garde modernist artist retreat in Calabasas.
- Jonathan Gold made a video ode to "the Jazz burger"at Jitlada, an off-menu item named after the restaurant's proprietress (hi Jazz! We <3 you).
- Make everyone hate you via iMessage with this "Grammar Snob" sticker collection.
- Looking for something good to watch this weekend? Open Culture put together a roundup of 222 great films in the public domain.
- Southern California's power grid will soon be backed up on a Tesla battery.
- Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Edward Albee died today at 88. Here he is in 1980, talking about the nature of playwriting, and a life in the theater: