ICYMI: Carjacker Steals And Crashes DeLorean In Santa Monica, Still Stuck In 2016
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Some dude stole a DeLorean and crashed it by Santa Monica beach, but not before he led police on a slow speed chase. If he'd seen the movie, he would have known that you need to hit 88 mph to go back in time.
- The new Fifty Shades trailer has earned more views in 24 hours than Star Wars: The Force Awakens did in its first day. Looks like the Force is no match for sadomasochism.
- This girls' high-school basketball team in Iowa is taking their mascot name (the Indians) very seriously, and they're in big trouble because of it.
- Jay-Z says that America's drug policies are an "epic fail." He says that African-Americans are being incarcerated for drug-possession at higher rates, even though they use drugs at the same rates as whites do.
- USC linebacker Osa Masina has been charged with rape.
- Diego the Tortoise really gets around. In fact, he's sired over 800 kids, enough to have possibly saved his species.
- We can't get enough of the Prince tributes. Here's Dwight Yoakam's bluegrass rendition of "Purple Rain":