ICYMI: Candice Bergen Dishes On Her College Date With Donald Trump
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The Taylor Swift song “All Too Well” is supposedly about the singer's former relationship with Jake Gyllenhaal. Lyrics make a reference to his sister's scarf; Maggie Gyllenhaal is just as confused as you are.
- Here's something out of a sci-fi movie: it turns out bacteria can shape-shift in space to fend against antibiotics.
- A New York Times reporter is writing a book about Uber, and we can't wait.
- Remembering the late, great David Carr: former mentees of the journalist speak on the things they'd learned from him.
- Grant Hart, the drummer and co-leader of Husker Du, has passed away. His former bandmate Greg Norton pens a small tribute to him.
- Candice Bergen once went on a date with Donald Trump. It did not go very well.
- Talkin' guitars with St. Vincent: