ICYMI: Does Telekinesis Really Cause Nosebleeds?
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Does using psychic powers really cause nosebleeds, and more on the textual science behind Stranger Things.
- The L.A. Times is running an epic six-part series about an Irvine PTA mom framed for a drug arrest, and the second installment is out today.
- Ugh, really? Chris Christie vetoed a bill that would have raised New Jersey's minimum hourly wage to $15 by 2021.
- A million-dollar donation from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation will create an endowment for free after school homework centers at L.A. public libraries targeted at helping poor and homeless students.
- Vulture takes a very look at the likely contenders, and what may be in store for this year's "unsettled, unsettling" Oscar season.
- There's a Burning Man livestream and it's exactly what you'd expect (read: dusty and boring AF):