ICYMI: Manifest Destiny Is No Longer Manifest
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The Hollywood Reporter looks at how Cinespia screenings cemented themselves as an L.A. seasonal institution.
- Dave Rawlings and Gillian Welch have an exquisite new record out today, and you can stream the whole thing here—but you should really buy it here.
- Here is a cool map of 150+ places to go beer tasting around Southern California. Don't drink and drive.
- L.A. is working on a new plan to manage traffic around Dodger Stadium.
- Did Vermeer use a camera obscura to help him paint so perfectly? And would it matter if he did?
- Why David Brooks should resign as a New York Times columnist, according to the New Republic (and every single person on my Twitter).
- Here is the opening of Lawrence Ferlinghetti's perfect ars poetica "Poetry As Insurgent Art" (I am signaling you through the flames./ The North Pole is not where it used to be./Manifest Destiny is no longer manifest./Nemesis is knocking at the door.) and a video of Ferlinghetti reading from the book: