This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Alleged Lunada Bay Boy Accused Of Beating Man At Dodger Stadium
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- You know the Lunada Bay Boys? The surfers who built an illegal fort on Lunada Bay? Well, one of their alleged members will now stand trial for a 2015 attack at Dodger Stadium that left a 50-year-old man with serious head injuries. Also, the dude's a friend of Nick Carter's.
- As if you need more proof that people are dumb: some jerks are now accusing Khizr Khan, who was noted for his stirring speech at the Democratic National Convention, for having ties with the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer wants you to vaccinate your kids.
- Sprint subscribers rejoice. Now you can get underground cell service between Union Station and 7th Street/Metro Center.
- Move over, Toonces the Driving Cat. These two dogs just steered a car into a Walmart.
- Is Billy Joel as great as Bob Dylan? (The answer is no.)
- The Oregon Trail is now a card game. What's game night without a bit of dysentery?
- "So this is what it feels like when doves cry.":
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.