This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Milo Yiannopoulos Is Suing Simon & Schuster For Dropping His Book Deal
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Rooney Mara claims to have never tried pie until the age of 31, when she ate an entire chocolate cream pie for a scene while filming the new movie A Ghost Story. Something seems weird about this story, to be honest.
- Metro has released a new Olympics themed TAP card to celebrate L.A.'s bid for 2024 (or 2028?)
- Milo Yiannopoulos is now suing Simon & Schuster for dropping his book deal.
- Our friends at Eater have a new edition of essential L.A. vegetarian restaurants out today.
- Candy Crush is now a TV game show hosted by Mario Lopez which debuts Sunday, because 2017.
- An Argentine artist created a replica of the Parthenon out of 100,000 banned books:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.