ICYMI: The L.A. Times Is Sorry They Said So Many Bad Things About The Doors
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Because nothing you do or enjoy actually has any meaning unless you photograph it, here are some tips for getting good snaps of fireworks.
- Bojack Horseman apparently has a cult fan base in China.
- The L.A. Times reviews all the times they were wrong about The Doors and it's pretty fun[ny]. (Sample: "Perhaps Morrison should give up performing, which seems to be an effort for him, and concentrate on reciting and writing poetry," Donna Chick wrote in The Times in 1968).
- The arrival of Britney Spears has apparently created chaos in Israel, at least according to New York Magazine.
- Take Two's summer reading series is kicking off with Raymond Chandler's The Big Sleep, one of the great L.A. books of all time.
- Here is a very cool aerial tour of the L.A. Aqueduct from 2013, though we would imagine there is substantially more water flowing through it these days: