ICYMI: Your Favorite Uncle/Vice President Filmed An 'SVU' Cameo
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Joe Biden, Vice President of the United States and universally beloved uncle to all, will cameo on an upcoming episode of Law & Order: SVU.
- The New York Times put together a pretty nifty visual analysis of the presidential and vice-presidential convention speeches (spoiler alert: Trump's was way darker than Clinton's).
- The Columbia Journalism Review has finally weighed in on the age old debate over how to pronounce the acronym "GIF."
- Remember the infamous Los Feliz Murder House? It finally found a buyer, and the lucky soon-to-be resident is none other than über-lawyer Gloria Allred's daughter.
- One Long Beach high school has been represented at every Olympics Summer Games since 1952.
- The creators of 'Pokemon Go' promise that there will soon be a way for real-world locations to opt out from being Pokestops.
- Former Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca has until Monday to decide if he wants to withdraw his guilty plea and stand trial, or let a judge decide what his longer-than-six-months sentence should be.
- In Silver Lake, even the anti-development posters are hip.
- Here's a compilation of some of the greatest car chases to ever grace the L.A. River's concrete banks: