ICYMI: Your Favorite Uncle/Vice President Filmed An 'SVU' Cameo
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Joe Biden, Vice President of the United States and universally beloved uncle to all, will cameo on an upcoming episode of Law & Order: SVU.
- The New York Times put together a pretty nifty visual analysis of the presidential and vice-presidential convention speeches (spoiler alert: Trump's was way darker than Clinton's).
- The Columbia Journalism Review has finally weighed in on the age old debate over how to pronounce the acronym "GIF."
- Remember the infamous Los Feliz Murder House? It finally found a buyer, and the lucky soon-to-be resident is none other than über-lawyer Gloria Allred's daughter.
- One Long Beach high school has been represented at every Olympics Summer Games since 1952.
- The creators of 'Pokemon Go' promise that there will soon be a way for real-world locations to opt out from being Pokestops.
- Former Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca has until Monday to decide if he wants to withdraw his guilty plea and stand trial, or let a judge decide what his longer-than-six-months sentence should be.
- In Silver Lake, even the anti-development posters are hip.
- Here's a compilation of some of the greatest car chases to ever grace the L.A. River's concrete banks: