ICYMI: Jonathan Gold Chows Down Grasshoppers With A 12-Year-Old
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Jonathan Gold shares the joys of eating grasshoppers with a 12-year-old. (And the kid likes it!)
- Actor and professional squatter Randy Quaid (who'd saved Earth in the first Independence Day movie) is really taking it to Hillary on Twitter.
- A woman at LAX was pulled aside after she'd exhibited "nervous behavior." It turned out that she was carrying 11 pounds of meth in her luggage.
- Ever wondered what a Lego figurine would look like if it were human? You'll wish you hadn't.
- People buying luxury properties in the L.A. County are no longer allowed to hide their identities.
- Someone (not named Bruce Wayne) in Seattle was arrested after he'd thrown a "batarang" at officers.
- Get your tickets soon. The Powerball jackpot has reached a whopping $422 million.
- Libertarian presidential hopeful Gary Johnson tells us that he's in it for the long haul.
- Once upon a time, Trump had sold a mansion to a Russian for nearly $100 million.
- M. Night Shyamalan's got a new movie coming out called Split. James McAvoy does a star turn as a bald man wearing a skirt.
- "She'll go 300 hectares on a single tank of kerosene":