ICYMI: Mysterious Purple Orb Found Off Channel Islands Probably Aliens
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- What do you think this mysterious purple orb scientists found in the depths off the Channel Islands is? Probably aliens.
- In more comforting news about the ocean, scientists have discovered a new species of whale.
- The ultimate Bernie Bro: watch Bernie Sanders' own brother cast a delegate vote for the Vermont senator. You'll need a tissue, like Bernie does.
- Ghostbusters director Paul Feig is making a film adaptation of an Elle magazine article that is being added to our reading list: "Supermodel Snowpocalypse."
- Smash Mouth is back and they've gone EDM.
- It's like playing GTA but doing it IRL: a man led police on a chase across two counties in Washington simply because he was bored.
- Via Father John Misty's Instagram, the crystal stolen from Moon Juice has spoken out.
- Prosecutors argue that Harrison Ford could have died as a result of the accident on the set of The Force Awakens.
- And finally, all these conventions have gotten us in a pretty political mood. Here's Ronald Reagan getting punched in the face by John Cassavetes (after he slaps Angie Dickinson). From Don Siegel's The Killers: