This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Alice Cooper Finds Forgotten Andy Warhol Masterpiece In Locker With Other '70s Crap
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Here's a fun map showing the restaurants with the longest lines in L.A., rated by wait time (shocker: Howlin' Ray's takes the prize at two plus hours).
- Former Vice President Al Gore is going to be hosting a climate special on MTV next week, which will also feature Fat Joe and Steve Aoki, because why not.
- Anne Hathaway is apparently in talks to replace Amy Schumer in that Barbie movie that I semi-cared about when it had Amy Schumer in it, but now care so little about that it's difficult to finish typing this sentence.
- Rocker Alice Cooper has discovered "a potential masterpiece by his late pal Andy Warhol" that he had tucked away with a bunch of 1970s stage props in a storage locker and then, I guess, forgot about for forty years.
- Someone figured out the most anthologized poems of the last 25 years and we are really into it.
- American royals Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump’s art collection has been valued at a cool $25 million (see also: the art world's previous "Dear Ivanka" response to her fandom).
- When was the last time you re-watched viral sensation David at the Dentist? Eight years and 135 million views after its release, we still remain unsure if this is, in fact, real life. Enjoy:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.