ICYMI: How The Coliseum Put Us On The Map
Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Our friends at Curbed LA have a great story about the Coliseum and how it "put Los Angeles on the map."
- L.A.'s first all-girls charter middle school is set to open in the Valley.
- Season 3 of BoJack Horseman premieres tomorrow on Netflix, and we can't wait. Inkoo Kang of MTV News says it's the best season of the series yet.
- The NBA has decided to move next year's All-Star Game from Charlotte over North Carolina's discriminatory "bathroom bill" HB2. Bravo!
- Canadian bad boy Justin Bieber has been warned by Toronto authorities not to cuddle with big cats.
- As Donald Trump is about to accept the GOP's nomination for the presidency, take a look back at this Onion article, datelined exactly one year ago today. Eerie.
- Grindr is getting more breathing room at the Pacific Design Center, expanding their space by 8,000 square feet. Looks like this one's for the long haul.
- Ramen stalwart Daikokuya is opening a new spot on the Sunset Strip.
- Ever wondered what the human body would have to look like in order to survive a "catastrophic" car crash? Yeah, me neither.
- And finally, please enjoy some Shangri-Las.