ICYMI: Gonorrhea Might Become Untreatable
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- A military coup is in progress on the streets of Turkey, sending the country into chaos. President Tayyip Erdogan requested, and was denied, asylum by the Germans.
- In Stuart, Florida, a pool of river water is now teeming with algae. Gizmodo describes it as "fly-covered slime" that smells like "rancid milk mixed with dog—." You can fill in the blank yourself.
- As if things in the world aren't bad enough, gonorrhea could become untreatable.
- Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry was playing with his other band, a supergroup called Hollywood Vampires (Johnny Depp's in it), when he collapsed on stage on Sunday. Now, Steven Tyler says he's "really concerned" and that he hasn't been able to get in touch with Perry.
- While some places want you to play Pokemon Go elsewhere, the L.A. Zoo really wants you to come and catch em' all.
- The newly re-branded Hollywood Burbank Airport (a.k.a Bob Hope Airport) is having a hard time picking their new logo.
- An op-ed in the L.A. Times says that dudes are the cause of the world's ills.
- In Aurora, Colorado, a deputy fired a "1 in a billion" shot that sent a bullet right into the suspect's gun barrel.
- Here's some '90s nostalgia for no reason: