ICYMI: A Look Inside L.A.'s Busiest Fire Station
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- There is going to be a really cool panel on Tuesday at UCLA's Luskin School of Public Affairs looking at how activists, residents, and community members are resisting displacement in Boyle Heights.
- KCET takes an inside look at Los Angeles City Fire Station 9, which serves Skid Row—and is quite possibly the busiest fire station in the nation.
- Activists from the Yale graduate student union are on their tenth day without food as they participate in a hunger strike in protest of the university's refusal to recognize their union.
- Our friends at Curbed LA have mapped California's best midcentury motels, and each one is every bit as glorious as you'd expect.
- This Reddit AMA with a three-year-old who "knows everything" is arguably the best thing I've ever read.
- You want to feel really old? Sir Mix-a-Lot's "Baby Got Back" is about to turn 25. Here's the original video for your Friday afternoon viewing pleasure: