ICYMI: Which L.A. Neighborhood's Gentrification War Is Getting National Coverage?
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Time is a human construct—and a very useful one at that.
- Details about that explosion at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England, are still emerging.
- The Boyle Heights gentrification wars get some national coverage in this longform Newsweek story, which also looks at the history of displacement in Chavez Ravine.
- Is consumer-based capitalism built on a foundational lie?
- The power of Haruki Murakami.
- Maybe the Soviet Union would have lasted a while longer if they had a little more fun with their discos?