ICYMI: Celebs Were Reportedly Warned Ahead Of Time To Avoid Fyre Festival
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- How Rebuild LA—a nonprofit created after the 1992 civil unrest—failed the community it was supposed to help.
- Saturday is #IndieBookstoreDay, so here are our ten favorite indie bookstores in Los Angeles.
- Famous people were apparently warned ahead of time to stay the hell away from Fyre Festival, the luxury Bahamian music festival cum garbage fire that's blowing up your newsfeed.
- Grand Central Market's 60-year-old China Café has reopened.
- There is a big profile of Michael Weinstein (the guy who put millions of dollars of AIDS Healthcare Foundation money into backing Measure S, that Terrible NIMBY Ballot Measure that failed at the polls) in the New York Times Magazine and we are sitting down to read it RIGHT NOW.
- R. Kelly and Usher's 2007 official music video for "Same Girl" is the greatest cinematic art of our time. Please consider it my Friday afternoon gift to you, gentle reader: