ICYMI: The Wanda Group's Deal To Buy Dick Clark Productions Is Unraveling
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Twenty years after the murder of Biggie Smalls, the case is still one of L.A.'s biggest unsolved homicides. Also, here's an archived interview he did with the L.A. Times.
- The LGBT veterans organization OutVets was banned from Boston's St. Patrick’s Day parade. In response, businesses and politicians are withdrawing their support for the event.
- Turns out Best Buy's "Geek Squad" was colluding with the FBI. Can't a guy get his laptop fixed without being surveilled around here?
- China's Wanda Group, which owns everything from soccer teams to AMC theaters, was set to buy Dick Clark Productions. But now it looks like the deal's falling through.
- Radio Shack has filed for bankruptcy for the second time in two years.
- Adhama, the L.A. Zoo's hippo, is moving to Dallas. Apparently he's going out there to find a "breeding partner." Tinder didn't work out?
- Who says we're above boxed wine? Here are some of the best on the market.
- Ever wonder how frozen pizzas (a.k.a. the most depressing dinner choice possible) are made?