This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: The Wanda Group's Deal To Buy Dick Clark Productions Is Unraveling
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Twenty years after the murder of Biggie Smalls, the case is still one of L.A.'s biggest unsolved homicides. Also, here's an archived interview he did with the L.A. Times.
- The LGBT veterans organization OutVets was banned from Boston's St. Patrick’s Day parade. In response, businesses and politicians are withdrawing their support for the event.
- Turns out Best Buy's "Geek Squad" was colluding with the FBI. Can't a guy get his laptop fixed without being surveilled around here?
- China's Wanda Group, which owns everything from soccer teams to AMC theaters, was set to buy Dick Clark Productions. But now it looks likethe deal's falling through.
- Radio Shack has filed for bankruptcy for the second time in two years.
- Adhama, the L.A. Zoo's hippo, is moving to Dallas. Apparently he's going out there to find a "breeding partner." Tinder didn't work out?
- Who says we're above boxed wine? Here are some of the best on the market.
- Ever wonder how frozen pizzas (a.k.a. the most depressing dinner choice possible) are made?