ICYMI: The Robots Are Coming For Your Jobs
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The machine uprising is, apparently, happening as we speak. A new report says that as much as 38% of American jobs are in danger of being taken over by robots in 15 years.
- Hate Adam Sandler movies? Too bad, cause you're about to get four of them.
- Some researchers are saying that cancer is mostly a result of "bad luck." Which means it's pointless to worry about that asbestos in your basement.
- If you want to re-live the '90s, here are the 10 movies you need to rent from the local Blockbuster right now.
- Yesterday we said that Kendrick Lamar might be dropping a new album soon. Today, he's unveiled a new track, and it's great.
- Mike Huckabee's doing an awful job at being funny on Twitter. Here's Patton Oswalt doing his best take of Huckabee's comedic shortcomings.
- The Jesus and Mary Chain came out with their first album in 18 years! But here's a video of them playing an old favorite: