This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Google Is Working On A Drone That Will Deliver Burritos To Your Door
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Arts & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Google is tinkering with a drone that will deliver hot food to your doorstep. Students at Virginia Tech are already getting a test trial with the airborne delivery service.
- It looks like the Dodgers are keeping the whole gang together. They've re-signed closer Kenley Jansen, and are reportedly close to bringing back third baseman Justin Turner as well.
- A Perfect Circle, L.A.'s supergroup, is going to hit the road again after a six-year hiatus. They'll play a headlining date at the Hollywood Bowl.
- Bob Dylan didn't make it to the ceremony for the Nobel Prize. But he did pen a thank you note that was read by United States Ambassador to Sweden Azita Raji. You can read it in full here.
- Authorities announced on Monday that, in an effort to curb violence between feuding gangs in South L.A., a task force detained more than three dozen people.
- As if A.I. wasn't scary enough already, machines now have the ability to predict an outcome if you show them a picture of a scenario.
- Here's Jonathan Franzen talking about books he thinks are overrated. This should really endear him to people, now!