ICYMI: The Lunada Bay Boys' Fort Finally Meets Its End
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Arts & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Demolition of the Lunada Bay Boys' illegal fort began on Monday. The saga, which spanned decades, had many twists and turns. If you're a fan of protracted legal battles, there's still the "Target husk" to keep up with.
- The California state bar may prohibit lawyers from having sex with their clients. What's David E. Kelley to do now?
- Include this one in the annals of Great Ideas: the wife of Vladimir Putin's press secretary performed an ice skating routine that was themed after the Holocaust.
- It's the age-old question: paper or plastic? Environmental experts give us a frustrating answer.
- This board game is slated to become the most-funded Kickstarter project in history. It's on track to receive over $50 million (!) in donor money.
- Larry Wilmore is going to get another crack at TV, this time with ABC Studios.
- Hungover from a night of partying? Here are some greasy foods that'll cure what ails ya.
- Questlove of The Roots tells us what's over/underrated. Here's your chance to find out what he thinks about '90s hip-hop and horseback riding.