This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Altruistic People Have More Sexual Partners, Research Says
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Arts & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Research shows that altruistic people have more sexual partners than others. During times like these, it's nice to be reminded that we should be good to each other.
- The Rams don't know how to score touchdowns. Now, finally, vaunted prospect Jared Goff will get his chance to turn the team's offense around.
- David Mancuso, a legendary figure in the New York disco scene of the '70s, passed away on Monday. He'd founded The Loft, one of NYC's most storied nightclubs.
- We all want to go back to gentler times (i.e. anytime before this month). You'll be able do that soon when Paula Abdul, New Kids on the Block, and Boyz II Men go on tour together in 2017. They're planning for a stop at the Hollywood Bowl on June 2.
- In the popular vote, Hillary is now leading Trump by more than 1 million. What was it that Trump said about the electoral college working against him?
- There's been a lot of talk about public transit lately, especially with the passing of Measure M. But it still stands that L.A. has nice cars, and some people are totally envious.
- Here's 25 minutes of Peter O'Toole and Richard Harris sharing drinking stories:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.