ICYMI: You Need A Six-Figure Income To Buy A House In L.A. County
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Art & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- If you want to buy a house in Los Angeles County, you need to earn at least $105,000 each year! And that's for L.A. County, not even L.A. City. Sad!
- Trump's transition team consists of 14 white-men, Ben Carson, and his daughter. Sad!
- "We can directly link the growth of the local news desert expanding rapidly across the U.S. to Trump’s win." So says Ken Doctor, an excellent chronicler of the end of newspapers. Local news is critically important (H/T LAist), but the vacuum that's been created by the end of newspapers is hurting us all. Sad!
- The Army Corps of Engineers really doesn't care about the hundreds of people it's inconvenienced by shutting down the L.A. River bike path. Sad!
- Mayor Garcetti has promised that Los Angeles will remain a sanctuary city for undocumented immigrants, even into a Trump administation. Not sad!
- Hillary blames the FBI for "losing" the election. Sad?
And now, a video of the 10 Freeway in 1988!