ICYMI: The U.S. Is Getting Its First Ever Latina Senator
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Arts & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The world may seem like a scary place right now, but it's not all bad. Democrat Catherine Cortez Masto has won the Nevada Senate race to become the first Latina senator. Also, how are we getting our first ever Latina senator in 2016?
- Obamacare is now under threat. Here's how it might survive.
- Gisele Bundchen has ordered Tom Brady to never talk about politics. But we're dying to hear his hot takes on Colombia's peace agreement with FARC!
- Shep Smith dropped his chapstick and Chris Wallace grilled him about it.
- When a baseball team goes to the World Series, they have championship merchandise made in advance to prep for a possible win. Well, the Cleveland Indians won't be donning their gear, as they lost to the Cubs. What's more, the gear will be destroyed, rather than donated to charity, the latter of which is the custom. It's just as well, since the Indians' have a blatantly racist brand.
- Brad Pitt has been cleared in an investigation that involved claims of child abuse.
- There are a ton of Star Wars-related books. But this one, which collects the "complete works" that Ralph McQuarrie had done for the series, is the one to gift this Christmas.
- We can all use some koalas today: