This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Donald Trump No Longer Controls His Own Twitter Account. Sad!
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Art & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Like the headline says, Donald Trump no longer has control of his own Twitter account. Sad, sad, sad!
- There are precisely six different spots across L.A. County where Angelenos could cast an early ballot on Saturday and Sunday. Six, obviously, isn't that many, and many people found themselves waiting for hours before they could ink in their choices.
- The unsightly Slauson corridor through South Los Angeles will be getting a bike path by 2019! This is great news for South L.A.!
- Whether or not the victims and their families of the deadly Palm Spring bus crash will recieve compensation will likely take years (five of them) to sort out.
- New York Media became aware that all their trend pieces about Boyle Heights might also have some consequence.
- What if Los Angeles were to build enough apartments along Wilshire Boulevard to house a million people? Alice Walton, at the L.A. Times, explores this fascinating scenario.
And now, here's a video of some savages riding their longboards down Glendora Mountain Road. Much respect.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.