ICYMI: Quentin Tarantino Says He'll Retire After Two More Movies
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Arts & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Quentin Tarantino says he'll retire after making two more films. We hope he finally gets to fulfill his dream of working the popcorn counter at The New Beverly.
- China has been investing heavily in American enterprises. Now, the Chinese Wanda Group has bought up Dick Clark Productions, which is responsible for the American Music Awards and Miss America.
- As the Pentagon looks to modernize, it mayrethink its policies on pot and tattoos (among job applicants). "Sometimes you need some weirdos on your team to get things done," said an expert.
- A promising new drug that treats Alzheimer's disease has been making its way through clinical trials, and the results have been promising.
- Why do some songs get stuck in your head? There may be a scientific explanation for that.
- We were waiting for the Dana Carvey impersonation of Trump, and now we've gotten it thanks to the Howard Stern Show. Carvey also runs through his takes on Sean Connery, Tom Brokaw, and many others.
- A L.A. Times freelancer who wrote a Tweet saying he wanted to see Trump dead has been fired.
- Finally, the new trailer for the much-anticipated La La Land is here: