ICYMI: Why The Atlantic Spiked Rory Gilmore's Article
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Art & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Are you Type O and looking to do a good deed in a dark world? A teenage alumni of my elementary school (CEE forever!!) is battling leukemia at Children's Hospital and is in critical need of Type O white blood cells. If you're interested in donating, please call George Merida at Children's Hospital at (323) 361-2370.
- Joe Esposito, the man who spent two decades as Elvis Presley's right-hand man, has died at 78.
- In a epically meta take, The Atlantic explains why "they" spiked Rory Gilmore's article (spoiler: Rory is not a good journalist).
- Beastie Boys hip-hop legend Ad-Rock is designing new sneakers, with sales benefiting Planned Parenthood.
- Hunter S. Thompson's widow wants to extract DNA from six of the iconic journalist's personal strains of marijuana and grow them for sale.
- Great news, guys! We can all breathe a collective sigh of relief, because Dan Quayle has finally trekked to Trump Tower and offered his personal congratulations to Donald Trump. In other news, Dan Quayle once misspelled "potato":