ICYMI: CNN Graphic Asks If Jews Are People
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Art & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- An early look at Doug Aitken's underwater art installation off the coast of Catalina, from The New York Times.
- Here's a bookish Gilmore Girls bingo card, because it's Monday, so why not?
- Yes, a purchasable hipster nativity scene exists, and it can be yours for a mere $129.99. Sweet Jesus.
- Renzell, a new, data-focused restaurant rating system launching across L.A., wants to compete with Michelin.
- CNN ran a chyron during a segment on President-elect Donald Trump's transition that said "Alt-right founder questions if Jews are people," and people rightly freaked out, but honestly not as much they should have. You guys, this is really scary, we need to keep freaking out! In the meantime, I'm just gonna be over here if anyone wants to feel my horns...
- L.A. punk club The Smell has made us love them even more with their new facade, which just reads "Not My President."
- Indulge in your West Wing/functional country nostalgia with this supercut of great Jed Bartlett scenes: