ICYMI: Did Brexit Kill The Smiths Reunion?
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Art & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- According to a new poll on Proposition 64, the great state of California is likely to legalize the recreational use of marijuana on Tuesday.
- The L.A. Forum for Architecture and Urban Design is having their first-ever online auction, and we are really, really hoping that someone buys us this 20-person cocktail party at the Neutra VDL House.
- The New York Times Book Review more or less eviscerated Marina Abramovic's new memoir. (Choice excerpts: "I knew I was going to dislike Ms. Abramovic’s memoir on Page 10...There are other passages in Walk Through Walls that will make readers rub their eyes in disbelief.")
- Just one more thing to blame on Brexit: in an interview last night, Johnny Marr suggested that Morrissey's pro-Brexit comments are another factor adding to the unlikeliness of a Smiths reunion.
- Oh Jesus Christ, how is this still happening? A LAW PROFESSOR at the University of Oregon apparently dressed up in blackface IN 2016 at an off-campus Halloween party, which was then obviously condemned by administrators in a school-wide letter. But seriously, how is this still happening?
- Bad-ass Compton Mayor Aja Brown (the youngest mayor in the city's history, and the first woman elected to the office in more than 40 years) talks female leadership with The Atlantic: