ICYMI: Ugh, Did Susan Sarandon Really Just Endorse Jill Stein?
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Arts & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Randy Voepel, who's running unopposed as the next state assemblyman from northeastern San Diego, said nine years ago that global warming is good because it'll be bad for our "enemies" that live near the equator. His stance hasn't changed, as he told the L.A. Times last week that "Most of the Muslim nations are in the hot areas of the world."
- Susan Sarandon (i.e. Louise of Thelma & Louise) just endorsed Jill Stein for president.
- If you had some inkling that greenhouse gases contributed to the drought, you may be in the right.
- Billy Corgan (former frontman of Zwan) wants us to know that he's a true Chicagoan and that he doesn't "talk to other Cubs celebrities" because they're all a bunch of bandwagoners.
- Natalie Babbitt, author of Tuck Everlasting, has passed away at 84.
- Marcus Samuelsson is the latest celebrity chef to say that the L.A. food scene is happenin'. He says that "the Vietnamese game is tight here, and of course Mexican."
- Why are cows so much better than we are at producing antibodies?
- Feeling sluggish? Perhaps it's time for us to kick out the jams with the Rock-afire Explosion: