This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Sade's 'Love Deluxe' Came Out 25 Years Ago Today
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Today, someone auto-dictated a NY Times comment, and the results are surreal.
- Burial's album "Untrue" came out almost ten years ago, and Pitchfork looks at why it remains a perfect electronic record.
- In other historical news, Sade's "Love Deluxe" came out 25 years ago today. Vulture ranks all her songs in this impressive list.
- Supermarket Sweep, the greatest game show ever (do not @ me), is coming back. Did you know it was filmed on a studio lot here in L.A.?
- Roxane Gay writes about tiny houses in context of the American Dream over at Curbed.
- Dealing with sexual harassment in old Hollywood.
- To celebrate "Love Deluxe," here's Sade's music video for "Ordinary Love."