ICYMI: '60s Radical L.A. Political Icon Tom Hayden Dies At 76
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Tom Hayden, one of L.A.'s most notable leftist political icons, passed away last night in Santa Monica. He was 76 years old.
- In controversial news that will likely come as a surprise to nobody, The New Yorker has chosen to endorse Hillary Clinton. Surprise, surprise.
- Look. Donald Trump never really wanted to be President. His entire campaign has just been a giant scheme to promote his brand. For more, click here to learn more about TrumpTV, the Donald's new Facebook Live brand coming to a social media platform near you very soon.
- My Figueroa officially kicked off construction today! If you want to learn more about Los Angeles' first really cool protected "cycle-track" that lets people ride their bikes from downtown to USC, without even worrying about cars, click here!
- Actress Shailene Woodley was arrested a couple of weeks ago in North Dakota for protesting the construction of a new oil pipeline. Now she's in L.A., protesting that same pipeline with face paint!
- If you didn't know, President Hillary Clinton was actually born in Chicago. For this reason, she is a Cubs fan, and very happy that they beat the Dodgers a couple days ago to advance to the World Series.
And now, here's a raccoon embracing active transportation: