This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: The Deadline To Register To Vote In California Is On Monday
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The deadline to register to vote in California is on Monday. If you aren't registered, you can register online at the CA Secretary of State's Website.
- It's times like these I wish I was born rich. One of the beautiful Case Study Houses (#21) is up for sale in the Hollywood Hills. If I had $4.5 million, you can be sure this is what I'd blow it on.
- There's this great big monument to unfettered capital (58-story residential skyscraper w/ multi-million dollar condos) in the heart of San Francisco that's literally sinking. The list of allegorical interpretations is certainly extremely long.
- But, back in Los Angeles, there's a group of low-income tenants who feel betrayed by their landlords who served them with eviction noticesafter keeping a billionaire developer from tearing down the tenants' home.
- Smoke all the weed you want, but only after your 30, says a guy from Harvard. Smoking before then might increase your risk of psychosis.
- We should all agree never to mention Donald Trump's name ever again, starting November 9. If we don't, he'll probably stick around forever (or until he has a heart attack or something).
And if you also want to buy Case Study House #21, here's Moby talking about LA's architecture: