This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Museum Of Ice Cream Now Extended To December
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Just when you thought the Museum of Ice Cream was losing steam, it's back for another round. The museum has been extended to December.
- Jesus Campos, the Mandalay Bay security guard who was shot and wounded by mass killer Stephen Paddock, seemingly vanished from the public eye. Now he's stepped out, on The Ellen Show, no less.
- TV critic Maureen Ryan pens a very personal and harrowing account of the sexual assault she'd suffered in 2014.
- That classic "Homer at the Bat" episode from The Simpsons is getting its own mockumentary from Morgan Spurlock.
- A look at the troubling connection between the Department of Veterans Affairs and the ongoing opioid crisis.
- Yasiel Puig really knows how to ham it up for the camera. This great Deadspin article says it's not an act; that's just how he really is.
- A personal tour of Kobe, Japan: