This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Carrie Fisher Says Donald Trump Probably Does Lots Of Coke
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Self-professed cocaine expert Carrie Fisher took to Twitter on Sunday night to clarify how Donald's incessant sniff-sniff-sniffing at the second presidential debate is ABSOLUTELY a cocaine thing. Remember kids, there's no such thing as ethically sourced coke.
- Florida man drives car into house to protect it from Hurricane Matthew (cool name). Cool, I guess. Just as long as he remembers to open the home's doors and windows before turning the car's engine on.
- Shia LeBeouf got married in Vegas by Elvis. For what it's worth, LeBeouf and his bride Mia Goth have been dating for a long time now, so it's all good.
- Ben Gibbard and Death Cab For Cutie wrote a whole song to protest Donald Trump. The song is the first of 30 anti-Trump ballads to be released in the coming days.
- A bear attacked a person in the Angeles National Forest on Monday on the trail up to Mt. Wilson, but he'll probably be alright. No word on the bear, though.
- KPCC questions whether or not California roads and drivers are ready for legal weed.
And here's a great bike race finish:
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.