This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: USC Ousts Med School Dean They Hired To Replace Former Disgraced Dean
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- As the L.A. Times was preparing to publish information on a sexual harassment lawsuit from 2003 against the new dean of USC's Keck School of Medicine (he was brought in to replace another dean who was accused of drug abuse), the school removed him from his post.
- Buzzfeed uncovered a trove of emails revealing former Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos' connection to neo-Nazis, and Steve Bannon's desires to mold him into a public figure.
- L.A. Weekly has released its Best Of 2017 list.
- Kazuo Ishiguro won the Nobel Prize in literature, and here's Mike Francesca speaking on the author (spoiler: it's a poem).
- The Museum of Ice Cream and the rise of adult Disneylands.
- Is Pete Wells going to review Vespertine in Culver City? Eater does some speculating.
- And here's St. Vincent in New York (check her out at the Paramount Pictures backlot on Saturday night)