ICYMI: A Supreme Court Justice Name-Checked Kim Kardashian From The Bench
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The first full-fledged English-to-Yiddish dictionary in 50 years is here, just in time for the [Jewish] New Year. What a way to ring in 5777!
- Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer referenced Kim Kardashian's recent robbery during a hearing in the nation's highest court.
- There is now a way to encrypt conversations in Facebook Messenger, but you'll have to opt-in.
- A fantastic essay about trying to raise a car-free kid in L.A. from Curbed's Alissa Walker.
- An investigation into how midcentury modern became "the pumpkin spice latte of the design world."
- This hilarious/terrifying PSA recasts Donald Trump as a literal playground bully trying to take over a T-ball team: