This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: 'Reed' Receipts Or 'Red' Receipts?
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Art & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Come January, the new president will get the @POTUS Twitter account—and all of its followers.
- Wait, people say "reed receipts"?
- There will, at long last, soon be an actual ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ emoji.
- There's no evidence that "checking in" at Standing Rock is actually helping protesters.
- How public libraries can help support young refugees.
- Every Halloween, Ellen forces her executive producer, Andy Lassner, to go through a haunted house. This year, he and Ariana Grande braved Universal Studios' Hollywood's 'American Horror Story' maze. They hated it:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.