This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
ICYMI: No, Cranberries Don't Prevent Urinary Tract Infections
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Arts & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- A study shows that, no, cranberries probably won't prevent urinary tract infections. Okay, but what about The Cranberries?
- A jury has awarded $70 million to a California woman who claimed that Johnson & Johnson's baby powder had given her cancer.
- In case you're still looking for stuff to do this Halloween, Rolling Stone has a list of some of the most controversial banned horror movies.
- It seems as if we don't go a week without another newsworthy coyote sighting.
- Flea gives us a tour of the new space for the Silverlake Music Conservatory. Why couldn't our music lessons take place in a cool spot?
- The "Flip or Flop" stars advertise a course in which you learn how to flip a house. It turns out that they don't actually teach the classes, and that the courses are possibly bogus.
- Finally, Bob Dylan has stepped up to say he'll take his Nobel Prize.
- It's the Halloween weekend! Go and knock yourself out!