ICYMI: Dave Chappelle Says Election Is Between Hillary And 'White Malcolm X'
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Dave Chappelle called Trump the "white Malcolm X." Chappelle reasons that Trump will lower taxes, but will probably also "kill us all."
- Meanwhile, Puff Daddy calls Trump a "friend," and says that it remains to be seen who he'll be voting for. In other news, it turns out Puff Daddy is still around.
- The week just started, but this guy (who ran onto the field of a football game while wearing a gorilla suit and an "All Lives Matter" shirt) is already in the running for the Worst Person of the Week award.
- A quadriplegic has been charged in a 32-year-old cold case. Marsha Carter had been abducted from her home and killed in Richmond, California. Now, authorities believe her one-time boyfriend was behind it.
- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte apologizes to the Jewish community for drawing parallels between the Holocaust and his country's drug war. Still, he did say that he'd be "happy to slaughter" drug addicts.
- Is there an ocean inside Pluto?
- FUBU CEO Daymond John says he'd been stopped and frisked by authorities at least 20 times in his life. "I would be stopped, frisked, beat up, thrown in cars, and things of that nature."
- Ugh. Monday's coming. Here's something to cheer you up: