This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Donald Trump's Email Servers Are Very, Very Not Secure
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- A panel of foreign journalists discuss "the difficulty of explaining this campaign—and Donald Trump in particular—for global audiences."
- The Institute of Contemporary Art (coming soon to downtown; formerly the Santa Monica Museum of Art) has a new Mark Bradford-designed logo, and it's pretty cool.
- Apparently one person called in 84% of the noise complaints to D.C.'s Dulles airport.
- Despite all their talk about Hillary's emails, the Trump Organization apparently runs all their mail servers on "a version of Microsoft Windows Server that has been out of support for years."
- Zac Posen designed Delta's new flight attendant uniforms and they are very purple.
- And finally, in of our favorite throwback videos of all time, then-Friends stars Jennifer Aniston and Matthew Perry explain how to use Microsoft Windows 95:
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.