This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: We Just Discovered A New Dwarf Planet Orbiting Our Sun
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- So what if "2014 UZ224" is smaller than's Charon, Pluto's biggest moon? It's still a dwarf planet, and it's the newest discovery in our Solar System.
- A hit-and-run suspect sped away from the scene, but not before his license plate had left an imprint on the victim's car.
- It's not surprising that Tom Hanks, possibly the most decent man in Hollywood, is disgusted by Trump's recent remarks. "I'm offended as a husband or a father," said Hanks.
- M.I.A. just scored a U.S. visa.
- Wells Fargo's CEO has resigned after it was discovered that his employees had been making bogus bank accounts.
- Houston Rockets benchwarmer Bobby Brown (not that Bobby Brown) got into some big trouble after he scribbled his name on the Great Wall.
- The NHL season opens tonight! In honor of it, let's take a look back at the goal that won it all for the L.A. Kings in 2014: