ICYMI: Edward Snowden Comes To Defense Of Shailene Woodley
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Shailene Woodley was arrested yesterday as she was protesting the construction of a North Dakota pipeline (it was on Facebook Live!). Now, Edward Snowden is giving her his support.
- In some sad animal news, Governor Jerry Brown's dog, Sutter, is critically ill.
- A pair of explorers found a series of giant X's in the middle of the Arizona desert. They discovered that these mysterious markings have ties to the Cold War.
- Tom Waits takes on a French circus in the courtroom.
- When we get to Mars, would it be a good idea to have kids there? What are the schools like on the Red Planet?
- If you're looking for something to put you more on edge, here are four lesser-known viruses that may take over the world.
- Ken Bone, after his much-talked-about appearance at the second presidential debate, has received death threats.
- Scary clowns are old news. Zombie-masked robbers are where it's at.
- Check out this weirdly engrossing video of marble-racing: