ICYMI: How To Plan Your Dream Trip To Canada, Because Why Not
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Measure S (formerly known as the "Neighborhood Integrity Initiative") supporters covered the Sunset Junction sign with a "Vote Yes On Measure S" sign. They also incorrectly identified Silver Lake as "Silverlake."
- Want to know who unfollowed you on Twitter or Facebook? So that you can throw eggs at their homes? Here's how.
- How the hell is Big 5 still around when other sports stores have shuttered? Are people buying that many tennis balls? An investigative report.
- Here's the Rod Stewart and Cyndi Lauper tour that we've been waiting for.
- Here are some places in Canada you should visit if you want to celebrate the nation's 150th birthday (or, like, if you want to move there).
- There's a kind of Willy Wonka competition going on. Except the winner won't be going to a chocolate factory; the lucky person will get a shot at a six-figure job at a port.
- As if we need more horrible news. Mountain lion kitten P-51 was struck and killed on a freeway just weeks after her mother and sibling had died.
- If you need a recipe for homemade "fish fingers with a chip butty," Gordon Ramsay's got you covered. (But seriously what the hell is that?)