ICYMI: Almost 600,000 People Rode Metro Trains On Saturday
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Badlands National Park might have had to delete their super scary factual science tweets (what a world!), but the Los Angeles Zoo Twitter account has their back, and has been dropping straight climate change knowledge all afternoon.
- If you just need to take the edge off, these weirdly mesmerizing GIFs reveal the ancient secrets of traditional Japanese woodworking techniques.
- In his annual State of the State address, Governor Jerry Brown blasted Trump's "Alternate Universe of Non-Facts."
- Apparently Bill Gates could be the world's first trillionaire by 2042, at least according to one Oxfam report.
- Metro estimates that 592,000 passengers boarded its trains on Saturday, the day of the L.A. Women's March.
- Here's Kellyanne Conway's late 1990s stand-up routine, sans comment: