ICYMI: Inside The Efforts To Save An Iconic Painting At The Huntington Library
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Inside the restoration efforts for the The Blue Boy, Thomas Gainsborough’s famous 18th-century portrait. The painting's been at the Huntington Library for almost a century.
- Ellen Page, Kate Mara, and Amy Seimetz talk about whether they'd date a Trump supporter.
- A male birth control gel is about to be put to the test in a clinical trial. Apparently you apply it on your shoulder? Cray.
- Singer Charles Bradley passed away at the age of 68 on Saturday. Here's a video of an amazing show he'd put on in 2015 in his hometown in Brooklyn.
- United Airlines, in response to the infamous incident in which a traveller was forcibly removed from his seat, has devised a new approach for overbooked seats. You'll be able to bid on how much compensation it'll take for you to relinquish your seat (the airline picks the lowest bidder in this case).
- Will a cancer warning come with your coffee in the future?
- Willem Dafoe went "Fishing With John" in the cult TV series: