ICYMI: Words With Friends Adds 'Smize', 'Hangry', 50,000 Other Made-Up Words
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- You probably can't play "smize" or "hangry" in Scrabble. But you can (now) in Words With Friends.
- Getty Images has some great pictures of celebrities taking the subway and making us normies feel like ogres.
- It looks like kids are in less of a hurry to become adults. One report says that today’s teenagers are less likely to engage in adult activities like having sex and drinking alcohol (and drive and date and hold after-school jobs). Apparently Snapchat is all you need (this is from us, not the study).
- Rolling Stone will be sold. The Village Voice ceased publication. Here's an overview of the big (and largely depressing) media developments so far in 2017.
- Wanna hear Howard Stern read Marilyn Manson's text exchange with Justin Bieber? Sure. Sure you do.
- A slideshow of the most epic libraries in the world. Hey, where's the video section?
- Here's what it's like to work at Pizza Hut (in 1988):