This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Gay Rights Pioneer Edith Windsor Dies At 88
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Legendary gay rights activist Edith Windsor died on Tuesday at age 88.
- The Los Angeles Unified School District announced an 80.2% graduation rate for the class of 2017, its highest ever.
- Apple announced today that its new iPhone will unlock using facial recognition technology, which sounds bad.
- Ted Cruz likes porn. Just kidding, his staff does.
- Kid Rock denied the Detroit Free Press credentials for his concert at Little Caesars Arena, because 2017.
- Time to revisit The Toast's essential 2014 service post, "How To Buy A Car Without Interacting With A Human."
- It's only Tuesday, but somehow, it's already been a long week. Let Julia Holter soothe you: